Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day Zero: A Change in Perspective

The book is broken into three main sections, with the first focusing on preparing the reader (me) to start the Husband Project.

I was amazed to find that within the first few pages I was having a revelation! I've been taking my husband for granted - I've been glossing over the small compliments he gives me and focusing on anything I view as a criticism. Kathi is right! This book is as much about changing my perspective as it is about choosing to actively show my husband that I love and honor him!

Kathi has a great suggestion, which I feel immediately helped me to start seeing things differently: keep a journal/list of things you are grateful for! Yes! Force me to start seeing things in a more positive light - I DO have plenty to be grateful for. :)

So, to recap:

1. I am in need of a change in perspective, and it is easy to see!
2. I am going to create a more positive outlook by finding things to be grateful for on a daily basis.
3. My goal is no longer to "change my husband", but rather, to find ways to show him that I love, honor and support him.

Note (You will probably see this on a lot of my posts): If you want to participate in The Husband Project, I highly encourage you to pick up a copy of the book. I am going to share some of my experiences with you, but you will get SO much more from reading the book and really understanding what Kathi Lipp is saying.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I had to have this change in perspective too! It helped me remember how wonderful my hubby really is!

Kathi Lipp said...

wow - Wendi - I am amazed at how much you are jumping into this!

I hope there will be a couple of accountability partners to jump in with you!

Kathi

Wendi said...

Pam - I'm really quite amazed at how quickly my perspective changed - it has made every-day things easier to do. Some of the things I didn't really enjoy doing (laundry, cleaning, etc) are easier to do with this new outlook, and I really can't explain why!

Kathi - Thanks for stopping by, and thank you so much for writing this book! I LOVE it!!

 

Website Hit Counters
Spectra Art Paper