Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day Zero: My Gut Reaction

Ok - so you probably have no clue what The Husband Project is, or why you should learn a little more about it, so I'll try to give you a little heads up here. (I've got a full review at my normal blog: Wendi's Book Corner)

When I first read the title of this book, my gut reaction was, "I've got to get this book - if I start showing my husband more respect and affection, maybe I'll get the same in return!" Now, don't get me wrong - I am absolutely NOT husband bashing here. I've got a wonderful husband, but every now and then we don't see eye-to-eye.

I've always been a career woman - at least I was until we had our miracle baby on Christmas Eve 2006, a month early (almost lost him at 20 weeks into the pregnancy, then spent 4 months on severe bedrest, mostly in the hospital), and then we made the decision together that he would provide and I would nurture. Ever since then I've tried to become a wonderful homemaker, but struggle with everything, especially the desire to have positive feedback.

Which brings me back to the title of the book - when I read it, I thought this would be the answer to all my prayers! Well - it has been, only in a way that I wasn't expecting. You see, as I started reading the book, I realized that I needed to shift my perspective, and amazingly enough, I think it is working!

No comments:

 

Website Hit Counters
Spectra Art Paper